- For the purposes of clarity, "African World Entertainment", “AWE”, “we”, “us”, or “our” refers to African World Entertainment. The “Services” refers to African World Entertainment, a Subscription Video on-demand platform for watching African movies and TV Series. “User,” “customer,” or “subscriber,” refers to consumers of the service. “Personal Information,” “Personal Data,” or “Data” means any information that identifies or can be used to identify a user, directly or indirectly, including, but not limited to, name, email address, mobile number, or IP address.
- Service Usage Data: We may receive information about how and when you use the Services, store it in log files or other types of files associated with your account, and link it to other information we collect about you. This information may include, for example, your IP address, time, date, browser used, and actions you have taken within the Website or Mobile Applications. This type of information helps us to improve our Services for both you and for all of our users.
- Functionality – we remember choices you make to improve your experience (such as your username, age classification, subscription package and period, where applicable, free trial period, movie player quality preference, session management, and live chats etc.);
- Advertising or targeting – third party advertising companies to display advertisement more relevant to you and your interests. As part of their services, they will place a separate cookie on your computer to help them precisely target advertising to you. These third party advertising companies do not collect personally identifiable information and;
- Performance – we or/and third party partners collect anonymous information including but not limited to performance and website improvement. This may include web analytics, error management and testing designs.
- Users may choose not to accept cookies, but this may prevent the Site from functioning properly, or may affect your experience on the Site, or you may not be presented with relevant advertising. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. You can find out how to make these changes to your browser at this site: allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
- Mobile Application Data: When you use our Mobile Applications, we may collect certain information in addition to the one described in the policy such as your First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Location, Device information, Storage Permission for profile picture and the type of device and operating system you use. We may ask you if you want to receive push notifications. If you have opted in to these notifications and no longer wish to receive them, you may turn them off through your device’s operating system. We may use mobile analytics software to better understand how people use our application. We may collect information about how often you use the application and other performance data.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information. We will not sell, trade, or rent your Personal Information. We process Personal Information in the following ways:
- For Promotional Purposes: For example, if we collect your Personal Information when you visit our Website and do not pay for a Subscription, we may send you an email inviting you to Subscribe. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email we send, or by adjusting your Marketing Preferences in your profile. This data is processed under Consent.
- For Billing Purposes: This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if we need a different credit card number. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments. This data is processed under Contract.
- To Provide and Improve Our Services: This includes, for example, aggregating information from your use of the Services or visit to our Websites or Mobile Applications and sharing this information with third parties to improve our Services. This might also include sharing your information with third parties in order to provide and support our Services. When we do have to share Personal Information with third parties, we take steps to protect your information by requiring these third parties to enter into a contract with us that requires them to use the Personal Information we transfer to them in a manner that is consistent with this policy. This data is processed under Legitimate Interest.
- For Account and Support Communication: For example, we may inform you of subscription payment successes or failures, password reset attempts, and other support-related functions. This data is processed under Contract.
- For Legal Purposes: For example, complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, to prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding. To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements. This data is processed under Legal Obligation.
- Data Retention. We may retain Personal Information about the User, as long as it is necessary for business and/or legal purposes. Also, we may retain aggregated anonymous information indefinitely. In addition, we may retain your information for an additional period as is permitted or required to, among other things, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
- Data Transfer. This Site processes information about our Users on servers located in a number of countries. The Company may also subcontract processing or sharing of information to third parties located in other countries, other than your home country. Also, such information may be transferred to another company if ownership of IPL changes. Therefore, information may be transferred across international borders outside the country where you use our services, including to countries that do not have laws providing specific protection for personal data or those that have different legal rules on data protection. You expressly consent to this.
- Data Security. We transmit and store the information we collect using standard security techniques. However, given the nature of the Internet and the fact that network security measures are not foolproof, we cannot guarantee the security of such information.
- Should a security breach occur, African World Entertainment will notify all affected customers as soon as is reasonably possible, and later file a report with the appropriate authorities on the actions we took.
- Your Data Privacy Rights
- Right to Rectification: Users can modify or change their name, email password, and mobile login PIN via their profile. For all other requests, such as updating email address or mobile number, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right of Access, Right to Erasure, Right to Restrict Processing: Users can request access or erasure of their personal information, as well as request restriction on further processing of their personal information by contacting us at email@example.com. Please allow up to 30 days for requests to be processed. African World Entertainment reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee to process excessive or repeat requests.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: Users can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email we send, or by adjusting your Marketing Preferences in your profile. Users also have choices with respect to cookies, as described above. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies some parts of our Site may not work properly in your case.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: Should you feel your data privacy rights are not being adequately protected by African World Entertainment, you have the right to lodge a formal complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority.
- Contact Us. If you have questions regarding your data privacy rights or would like to submit a related data privacy right request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to 30 days for requests to be processed. The African World Entertainment Inc. reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee to process excessive or repeat requests.
The African World Entertainment Inc.
408 Bethel Rd, Suite B-3, Somers Point, NJ 08244
1 855 210 0100